My advice to new moms...

Go down

My advice to new moms...

Post by Care Bear on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 am

Take EVERYTHING you can from the hospital! I don't know how it works elsewhere but at ours they gave us a pack of diapers, two little bottles of baby wash, a little tub thing, and I got an extra pair of the fish net stretchy undies, the peri bottle and the dermoplast spray! I know a lot of women who also take the receiving blankets and other things they aren't supposed to Laughing I'm not advocating this though, for the record Wink But to each their own!

BUT I can't sing enough praises for that peri bottle! I don't know if that's the official name for it, but it's just the squeeze water bottle with the multiple holes in the nozzle so it reaches more places, it's for PP bleeding after you use the bathroom and it feels GREAT on a healing lady area Laughing Just wait until the itches kicks in, then you'll be exceedingly glad you have it. (If you can't get one from the hospital though you can buy them, I'm just not sure where..)

The dermoplast isn't very helpful to me though it just makes me feel more uncomfortable, but a lot of women love it. Supposedly it helps to sooth.

If you are okay with them feeding your baby formula, I highly suggest asking the nursery to watch baby for the night if you stay in the hospital overnight. I asked them to take her for the night my 2nd night there so I could sleep, because I was going on 5 days straight with NOTHING For sleep. They brought her back too soon though I hadn't got to fall asleep yet but they didn't know I was okay with them using formula so they brought her back so I could feed her. The nurses are there to help YOU though so make sure you take advantage and get help where you can before going home. Don't forget about all the sleep you WON'T be getting!

Heather
Mom to Summer Raine - turning ONE on June 7th.

Care Bear
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 213
Momma To : Summer Raine - 2 1/2
Shia Royal - >1
Registration date : 2008-05-22

View user profile http://heatherthewriter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My advice to new moms...

Post by MommyJami2 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:56 am

Care Bear wrote:Take EVERYTHING you can from the hospital! I don't know how it works elsewhere but at ours they gave us a pack of diapers, two little bottles of baby wash, a little tub thing, and I got an extra pair of the fish net stretchy undies, the peri bottle and the dermoplast spray! I know a lot of women who also take the receiving blankets and other things they aren't supposed to Laughing I'm not advocating this though, for the record Wink But to each their own!

BUT I can't sing enough praises for that peri bottle! I don't know if that's the official name for it, but it's just the squeeze water bottle with the multiple holes in the nozzle so it reaches more places, it's for PP bleeding after you use the bathroom and it feels GREAT on a healing lady area Laughing Just wait until the itches kicks in, then you'll be exceedingly glad you have it. (If you can't get one from the hospital though you can buy them, I'm just not sure where..)

The dermoplast isn't very helpful to me though it just makes me feel more uncomfortable, but a lot of women love it. Supposedly it helps to sooth.

If you are okay with them feeding your baby formula, I highly suggest asking the nursery to watch baby for the night if you stay in the hospital overnight. I asked them to take her for the night my 2nd night there so I could sleep, because I was going on 5 days straight with NOTHING For sleep. They brought her back too soon though I hadn't got to fall asleep yet but they didn't know I was okay with them using formula so they brought her back so I could feed her. The nurses are there to help YOU though so make sure you take advantage and get help where you can before going home. Don't forget about all the sleep you WON'T be getting!

yup i agree with both boys they gave us diaper bags for of stuff, passys bottles of milk if we chose to use it coupons, diapers , baby bath, the bush they use on the babies head, the little bath thing they put the water in when giving them a bath, parent magz and much more take it all plus i have their baby blankets that they used when they were in the nursery and their id braclets and outfits
MommyJami2

Female
Number of posts : 58
Momma To : 2 wonderful special needs boys Arron & Henry Jr
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile http://www.cafemom.com/home/m0m2twoboys41

Back to top Go down